1. ONLINE VALUATION
- The price valuations given through our website Cars always wanted.com.au are valuations based upon the information on the car you give us. It is not a price offer from us to buy your car.
- Before we offer to buy any car we always conduct an inspection of the car at your door step. You can make an appointment for an inspection after you have received a price estimate (valuation).
- The value of a car is determined by its history and respective condition. This includes unusual features as well as customization, which may not have been apparent to us when we estimated the value online. Thus, the online valuation will differ from the price that we will offer following an inspection.
2. SALES CONTRACT
- We will offer to buy the car for a price after we carried out an inspection at your door step.
- Any offer to purchase the vehicle, and thus the contract, is only effective between you and us and only if and when you sign our standard written purchase contract after the inspection. The contract will be subject to these terms and conditions. It will not contain any other standard terms or conditions.
- Once you made a contract with us, we will expect you to hand us the keys, the registration documents, any service history, any user manuals, and any accessories there may be e.g. locking wheel nut or remote controls. We also expect you to remove your personal possessions from the car.
- We will then continue with the deregistration process of the vehicle, where we will need your cooperation as agreed in the purchase agreement.
- Cars Always Wanted also offers selected car dealers the opportunity to get access into Dealers portal and make their offers and buy Cars from Cars Always Wanted.
- Cars Always Wanted only put those cars on dealer’s portal which are quality checked and inspected along with inspection report. The dealer will receive login credentials to login into the application and start making offers on the cars.
- A disclosure of system access or login credentials to third parties is not permitted.
3. PROCESS OF PAYMENT
- When you have handed over the car correspondent, we will pay you the price for the car by electronic bank transfer to your account after title transfer has happened.
- Dealers who purchased the cars via Car Always Wanted portal are required to submit the deposit within 24 days. Deposit will be calculated based on the car price by Cars Always Wanted.
- Our standard means of payment is by bank transfer, which usually takes 1-2 working days for domestic transfers. Mostly, the transfer is already done on the day of title transfer.
- Events beyond our control may delay payment. If that happens we will not have any liability to you for the delay.
4. YOUR STATEMENTS
– If we buy a car from you, we will be relying upon your representation that:
- you are legally capable of entering into a binding contract to sell the car;
- you are at least 18 years old; and
- to the best of your knowledge , information and belief:
- you are the sole owner of the car;
- other than in respect of any finance outstanding on the car, which you have disclosed to us, no person has any claim to the car;
- the mileage reading on the car is true and accurate and the odometer has not been tampered with;
- you have disclosed to us all matters which a prudent purchaser would want to know about, such as physical defects in the car (e.g. material mechanical problems, damage);
- all information supplied by you in respect of the car (whether in obtaining an online valuation, at any appointment or otherwise) is true and accurate in all respects; and
- The car is registered in the Australia.
5. FINANCE AGAINST CARS
- Even though a car has finance against it from an agreement of you and a third party, we may agree to purchase it. That is only, if we receive a written statement from the third party of the amount required to settle the finance agreement in full.
- We will only pay the very sum to a third party to which we agreed with you in written contract. We will make such payment as soon as it is reasonably practicable after we enter into the contract and following receipt of any sum due from you under the conditions below.
- If the price is,
- higher than the settlement figure required to fully settle any sum outstanding under any finance agreement we will pay you the difference; or
- Lower than the settlement figure required to fully settle any sum outstanding under any finance agreement you must pay us the difference.
- We reserve the right to withhold a certain percentage to cover hidden fees, which might arise during clearance of your outstanding amount to the third party. We will return the withheld amount to you, if there were no hidden fees or additional charges.
- We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profit, or loss of anticipated savings. However, this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of, or damage to, your physical property, which is caused by our gross negligence.
- Our maximum aggregate liability to you under or in connection with any contract with you shall not exceed the value of the car.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for:
- death or personal injury which we cause;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
7. LAW AND JURISDICTION
- Every contract with us will be governed by Australia law and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Australia the physical inspection of the car takes place in a different country, in which case it will be governed by that respective country’s law and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the country we operate in.
9. ALLOWED USE
- The access and use of this website is only allowed for your personal, non-commercial purposes. This means this website may only be accessed and used directly by a private individual. It is strictly prohibited to access and use this website for anything other than for your personal, non-commercial purposes.
- The use of this website:
- In any unlawful, fraudulent or commercial manner
- To create, check, confirm, update, modify or amend your own or another person’s databases, records or directories
- Using any automated software, process, program, robot, web crawler, spider, data mining, trawling or other ‘screen scraping’ software, process, program or system is not permitted.
- You are allowed to operate a link to this website provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, as determined by us.
- To operate a link to this website in such a way as to suggest or imply any form of association, approval or endorsement by us is not permitted.
- We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to this website at any time and we may withdraw any linking permission at any time.
Assumptions we will make about your car:
- It has no damage, including interior and mechanical.
- There are two sets of keys
- It isn’t an import.
- It has GCC specs.
- It has never been subject to an insurance write off
- It has never been used for driving schooling, rental, and private hire or as an emergency and police vehicle.
- It isn’t a non-runner
Wear and tear:
We are assuming that your car is in fair wear and tear, meaning that your car is in average condition for its respective age and mileage. Furthermore, we are assuming that there are no major mechanical faults. Fair wear and tear does not prevail in case of damage added by you.
We always carry out an inspection at your door step before we offer to buy it, considering that not all customers are experts in the appraisal of cars. Our offer to you after the inspection will differ from the online price estimate, because any aspect of its history or condition affects its value. This includes any unusual feature or customization, which could not have been apparent to us when we gave the online valuation.
We offer to buy every car we inspect – Guaranteed. A change in the market value of your car could cause a change in valuation.
This page tells you the terms and conditions on which we may purchase a car from you. We will not purchase vehicles, which cannot be considered to be cars. Before requesting any appointment with us to sell a car, please read the conditions thoroughly. You agree to be bound by the conditions, should you wish to sell the car to us and we agree to buy the car, by requesting an inspection.
Cars Always Wanted offers their customer a free car rental up to 4 weeks if customers sell their cars to Cars Always Wanted, saying this, length of rental is at the discretion of the Cars always wanted.